Hi there! I’m Kim and I am brand new blogger living in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. I’m thrilled you found Surrounded by Pillows and hope you find my posts entertaining, informative and energizing.
A few things you should know about my blog:
- Topics you can expect to see posts about on my blog: DIY/home projects, health and beauty, food recipes and fitness goals/routines, all things crafting, and some personal anecdotes scattered in for amusement.
- There isn’t a specific posting schedule yet but the goal is to post 2-3 times a week.
- I wouldn’t feel comfortable creating a blog that wasn’t 100% legit to who I am, so colorful language may be included in some of my posts. While I am working on refining my vocabulary, I am also a very passionate person and sometimes words just slip out. I hope that will not deter you from visiting.
- As I learn more about blogging and all of the fun elements that go into a blog post, maintaining a blog, creating useful content, etc…. I expect the look of this blog to be ever changing until I find what works for me. So please be patient and feel free to share any tips, tricks and useful knowledge you have.
- I created this blog to connect with and inspire others as well as inspire myself. Feel free to share your favorite posts, bloggers, tips, tricks and crafts with me.
Now that you are familiar with my blog here are a few things you should know about me:
- I heart COLOR! My boyfriend hearts neutrals. Can you image the arguments that happen in our house?!
- Chocolate, Coffee and Cheese….Yes, Yes and Yes
- I need t-shirts that say “I am sorry for the things I said when I was hungry.” and “Does not play well with others before coffee.” Truth!
- I am sassy and sarcastic and have yet to master the art of hiding my non-verbals. My face says it all way before I even realize I feel that way.
- Sox and Lexi are my feline fur children. If you think animals can not be children then you obviously do not have animals.
- I come from a huge family. My love of reading started as an escape from the madness and to be alone while not really being alone.
- I could watch Grey’s Anatomy on repeat for days and days and never get sick of it. (Side note: I have it on in the background right now.)
- Corny Jokes are my jam! How many tickles does it take to make an octopus laugh?… Ten-Tickles!! That one is a knee slapper!!
- I believe music and dancing can make even the hardest of days better. So if you are having a rough day, throw on some gangsta rap (or whatever it is you like to listen to) and dance that shit out.
- My boyfriend says I should write, “My boyfriend is awesome!”. Nine out of 10 times I agree with that statement. He is pretty awesome!
This blog has been years in the making and hitting the “Publish” button on Surrounded by Pillows was one of the scariest things I have done in a long time. So if you enjoy what you see on my blog leave me some love.
xoxo – Kim